The Red Bull Ring is the perfect place to spend a day in MotoGP. With its tight corners and dramatic surroundings, the track offers an incredible experience for fans of the sport. If you’re looking to see MotoGP live, this is the event for you.
Red Bull Ring 2022: The Ultimate Destination for MotoGP.
How Do You Go about Entering the Red Bull Ring
Entry to the Red Bull Ring is only possible with a valid ticket entitling its holder to visit the Grand Prix.
Every person entering the Red Bull Ring is obliged to behave in such a way that the circuit or its equipment is not damaged, and they are also obliged to maintain cleanliness and order.
Parents are responsible for their children.
The Red Bull Ring is located in a rural area, so it’s not as easy to get to the track as some other races. The good news is that Austria is a small country with a good transport network. Your best bet is to fly into Vienna airport and hire a car. The circuit can be reached via motorway from Vienna in just over 2 hours (200km). If you are not camping at the track, the most convenient way to get to the circuit (from Graz, or wherever you decide to stay) is by car, though there are decent train and bus services to the circuit on Grand Prix weekend.
HOW GET AUSTRIA MOTOGP™ TICKETS ?
Tickets for 2022 are sold out on tickets.motogp.com.
Closest airports to the Red Bull Ring
The closest airport is in Graz, around 85km from the Red Bull Ring. Flughafen Graz (GRZ) is a small airport however, with a limited number of connections to larger airports in the region (Vienna, Berlin, Munich, Stuttgart, Dusseldorf, Zurich etc). Klagenfurt Airport (KLU) approximately 100km from the circuit, is also worth considering for discount carrier flights to Hamburg, Cologne and Berlin (with Eurowings). The best choice however, is Vienna International Airport (VIE), 200km from the circuit. Some of the best connections to Vienna are listed below:
- London to Vienna (VIE): direct flights with Easyjet (GTW), Eurowings (STN) and British Airways (LHR)
- Paris (CDG) to Vienna (VIE): direct flights with Vueling, Austrian and Air France
- Istanbul (IST) to Graz (GRZ): direct flights with Turkish Airlines
- Dubai (DXB) to Vienna (VIE): flights via Frankfurt with Lufthansa
- New York (JFK) to Vienna (VIE): flights via Dublin with Aer Lingus
- Singapore to Vienna (VIE): flights via Doha with Qatar Airways
- Sydney to Vienna (VIE): flights via Seoul with Korean Air
2022 MotoGP Austrian Grand Prix session timings
What time does the MotoGP Austrian Grand Prix start today?
The Austrian GP will begin at 1pm local time (+2 GMT) at the Red Bull Ring.
The race will run to 28 laps.
- Date: Sunday, August 21, 2022
- Start time: 12:00 GMT / 13:00 BST / 14:00 CEST / 14:00 SAST / 15:00 EAT / 08:00 ET / 05:00 PT / 22:00 AEST / 21:00 JST / 17:30 IST
How can I watch MotoGP 2022?