Wisconsin Title Transfer
If you are planning to buy or sell a car in Wisconsin, you have to transfer the title of the car to the individual who is buying it. It’s compulsory to carry a title certificate that shows the ownership of the vehicle. This i
s why when you wish to buy, sell, or donate the car it is very important that you hold the title certificate with you. If you have purchased the car and you haven’t transferred the title from the real owner to you and are driving the car, if police caught you then you have to pay the penalty . So, to escape from such a situation it is better to carry the title certificate. But if you don’t know the procedure we are here to help you.
Information That Is Required For Car Title Transfer Wisconsin
You must know few things when you go out for car title transfer. We have enlisted them below :-
- Bill of the sale of vehicle.
- Filing the application. Form of title transfer of car.
- Proof of residency.
- Paying the fee of titling fee.
How To Transfer A Car Title In Wisconsin?
This is same as buying a new vehicle because even if you are gifting a car to your relative or friend you need to transfer the title to his name. There is a different process for both seller and buyer if the car. Few things that should be done and followed by the buyer is :-
- Bill that shows you have purchased the vehicle from the owner.
- Completing the application for certificate of title.
- Insurance papers of the car.
Some information important for the sellers are:
- Completing the notice of security.
- Remove all the plates from the vehicle.
- The odometer reading must be filled.
- At the back of the certificate, the signature, name and date of the seller should be present. If any other joint owners are there, their signatures are also necessary.